Sunday, January 23, 2011

Initial Stand design!!!

So about the stand.


Past few weeks I've been looking at other stands from many different people and from many different styles (types). I've come to the conclusion that there are to many great ideas to put into one system. It would just be too extreme. Knowing that I will be starting from scratch and building to fit my exact needs. I started to sketch a little. Found a Google (Sketch-up) program that is a very close mimic to autoCAD.  Quite a bit less detail though. And not knowing how to use the program properly doesnt help. So Im not sure how much further I will be able to go with this program... However, this is what I got so far:




As for the size of material. I'll be spending some time at the forums. The rough size of the entire rack is 20"x20"x60". In this sketch I used all 2" boxed steel. I imagine that I will end up using 2" because it will give me plenty of room to create mounting points. If I go to a smaller 1" box tube, I may run into issues mounting things like pumps, lines, wiring (if automated) and things. I will also have to figure the cost difference. At this point angle iron is also an option to consider...

No comments:

Post a Comment